ss_blog_claim=5f143628c5fe25be3d56686a3030d2aa

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

How I get my groove on

Part Two of this whole Mandi Makeover deal has officially been underway for 1 week and 1 day. I've decided to weigh myself every Monday and record it via that cute little fishy swimming through bubbles over there on the top right side of the blog. If you click on him you'll be able to see my progress chart. Like I said, I've been at this a week now and I'm already down 5 lbs. I feel great! I'm eating better, drinking a lot more water, and moving around. My energy level is already up, my stamina has improved, my skin has greatly improved, and I'm getting stronger. The best part is that I already feel so much better and it's freakin' sweet!

The week before I started doing anything I bought 2 DVD sets from Big Lots. The first was a 2 DVD set from Winsor Pilates. It's the Power Sculpting With Resistance series and it also came with a resistance band. The first DVD is more total body while the second one focuses on the abs. The next set I got was Gunnar Peterson's Core Secrets Training Camp. This set also included two 3 pound dumbbells. The best part was that both sets were $10 each.





What I've been doing the past week is working out with a video in the morning and then walking at the local park in the evening when the weather permits. I didn't want to jump into anything too over my head to begin with because that usually ends in me either hurting myself or giving up. The first day I did both Pilates DVDs, the next I did Core Secrets, and the third day I did a Tae Bo with Billy Banks video....which I've had for ever. So far it has worked for me, I cycle through the 3 workout videos and I don't get bored. I think my favorite one is the Core Secrets. The instructor is very straight forward, knowledgeable, and hot..ha! And the routine really works the core....go figure! All the videos I have are for beginners. I'm sure at some point I'll want to up the ante and go for something a little more challenging but for now I think I'll stick with what works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home